I’m talking about breakfast hash, kids…..just making that clear right now.
Those of you who follow me on social media know I started a new workout program a little over a month ago (I’ll be blogging about that soon), and I was super excited when I saw the nutrition guide and recipes that accompanied it. This sweet potato breakfast hash recipe was one of the recipes I couldn’t wait to try, and based on the response I had when I shared on my IG, you guys are anxious to try it, too!
Want to know the best part of this recipe? It’s a sheet pan recipe….meaning minimal dishes! Everyone loves that! Here’s how to make it:
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
-2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
-1 medium onion, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, chopped
-1 red bell pepper, chopped
-1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
-1 cup corn kernels
-2 tbsp +2 tsp olive oil
-1 1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/4 tsp ground cumin
-1/4 tsp smoked paprika
-1/2 tsp sea salt (divided use)
-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
-8 large eggs
-2 tbsp chopped cilantro
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray, then set aside.
2. Combine sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, beans, corn, chili pepper, cumin, paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, tsp pepper, and oil in a bowl, tossing to blend.
3. Place sweet potato mixture on pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
4. Create 8 wells in mixture, cracking an egg in each. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until eggs are set.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve!
*********A Quick Recipe Change Up***********
I have major issues with egg yolks and have to use egg whites only. I modified this recipe by just omitting the step with the egg wells. Instead, I scrambled my egg whites and mixed them in with the hash mixture after removing from oven. So good!
Tag me on IG if you try it @sparklefitnessbabe!