I get a ton of questions about my favorites when it comes to health and fitness, so a blog on my must haves is long overdue!
I will preface this blog by saying this: there are so so so many great products out there that can help you reach your goals. These are the things that I like best because they are best for MY goals and MY needs. Make sure that you think about what works for you, your lifestyle, and your budget when you are trying to determine alternatives and things that will help you. The one thing I love about health and fitness is that it is not a one sized fits all kind of thing and there are options for literally everyone out there. Do your research, ask your friends what is working for them, and make your own opinion based on YOU!
In no particular order, here are the things that I absolutely cannot live without when it comes to my health and fitness lifestyle.
1. Junk Brands headbands. Those who follow me on Instagram know that I cannot work out without a headband. Even before I ditched 14 extra inches of hair I relied on them to keep my hair out of my eyes when working out, but now having shorter hair I am even more obsessed with them. I have tried so many brands of headbands, but these are the best for not moving around, breathability, and overall cuteness. Are they a little pricier than others? Yes, but they last longer and are much better quality. Worth it a million percent.
2. Beachbody On Demand Workout Library. This has been a huge game changer for me. As someone who loves working out at home……but also sometimes likes going to a gym….and travels more than most but wants to still stay on track, this is my go to. Every single workout program Beachbody has ever released is in the library, plus all of the workout materials and meal plans. I can stream it from my cell phone or tablet or laptop when on the road or I can use my Apple TV or Roku when at home. From a cost perspective, this is the best value out there. A year of it breaks down to about $8 a month. Don’t tell me you can’t fit that into your budget, because that is less than a Starbucks visit or drive thru McDonalds run. Factor in that anyone in your home can use it and you have a budget friendly option for everyone to get/stay in shape.
3. Bowflex Select Tech Weights. I told myself for a long time that I didn’t need these weights. Why, I have no idea. I think in my mind I worried they would be clunky or hard to use, but after completing my 80 Day program earlier in the year, I realized I needed heavier weights to take my results to the next level. I went between these and the Power Block weights, and after visiting Dick’s Sporting Goods, opted for these Select Techs. I am beyond happy with how easy they are to use. ***Tip: Use Ebates and shop around to get the best pricing on these.
4. Spotify. If you need music to rock your workout, Spotify is the way to go. I love creating new playlists using this easy app, and I also love that the Beachbody On Demand app has coordinating Spotify playlists for all of the workouts. There is a free version if you don’t want an added expense!
5. Grrrl Leggings. I always get a lot of questions about my leggings, and this is brand I wear 99% of the time. Yes, they are colorful and fun, but beyond that they are jump-approved, squat approved, and all things cardio approved. That is important when you are an active person. I recommend everything from this line.
6. Comfort Mat. I never in a million years thought I would like this mat. I had yoga mats already, so when I won this as an incentive for a business contest several years ago I assumed it would just collect dust. When I actually pulled the mat out of the box and laid on it, I heard angels start singing from the heavens. It was incredibly cushioned and comfortable, and since that day I have used it nonstop. Even if you are just doing crunches on a harder surface, you need a mat like this!
7. Unicorn Blood. If you follow me on IG, you see me make my beloved unicorn blood every morning. As far as preworkouts go, this is the best on the market. I have tried so many that have made me feel weird, given me strange tingles, or have hooked me up with awful headaches. This is the first workout that I actually love the taste and also don’t have any weird feelings with it. It also gets me the fired up feeling I need when I’m riding the struggle bus (which is basically every day).
8. Workout Dice. At the end of every workout I roll my workout dice to add a little extra burn, and I love it! The dice are inexpensive and have a great combo of moves. If you are looking for something to up your workout game, grab one of these. I also take mine when I travel if I need a quit workout and have access to literally nothing else.
9. S’well Water Bottle. I am a huge fan of S’well bottles and use mine every day, but if you aren’t a fan of the price point, they do have a sister brand available at Target called S’ip. Either way, these bottles are great for keeping your water or whatever you drink during your workout cool.
10. CliniqueFit Wipes. Clinique launched a Fit makeup line awhile back, and these wipes are great post workout to make sure your face is properly cleansed. I think the entire Fit line is a great product line for those of you who workout with makeup on (something I don’t encourage because no one likes clogged pores).
Have a product you love? Tell me about it….I’m always on the lookout for amazing products!