Hi, I’m Katie….and I am a cookie monster!
Recently I had a hankering for some chocolate chip cookies, but since I knew my usual recipe is anything but healthy, I decided to give the healthy 21 Day Fix approved chocolate chip recipe a try. This recipe is from the Fixate cookbook that shares 101 recipes that are compliant with the 21 Day Fix eating plan. Need the cookbook? You can buy it here!
I always have two goals when making a new cookie recipe: Don’t eat them all, and make them good enough that Kyle won’t mind that they are healthy.
FIXATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3 cups almond flour (I use Bob’s RedMill)
1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup raw maple syrup
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (you can use semi sweet if you prefer)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine almond flour, baking soda and salt in bowl, mixing well.
4. Combine oil and maple syrup in bowl, beating until creamy.
5. Add egg, egg whites and extract to oil mixture and beat for additional two minutes.
6. Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture, mixing well.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Drop teaspoons of dough onto parchment paper.
9. Bake 14-16 minutes and store once cooled in an airtight container. Enjoy!