I am going to say the one thing that always seems to enrage people.
I am NOT an Oprah fan.
Not one bit. I’m not going to get into all of the reasons why (maybe that’s blog material down the road). However, I will be honest and state that ever year I do review her favorite things of the year…usually hate most of them….but I do look at them. This year was no different….I finally checked the list out earlier this morning between cookie baking sessions. Surprisingly, there were a lot of cool things on the list….most unrealistic for people on the hunt for the perfect gift. I mean, are you willing to drop $700 on a pair of headphones? Probably not. ( Missed the list? Click here to view it! )
For that reason I decided to craft a similar post sharing my absolute favorite gifts to give and receive this year….only mine are much more friendlier to the wallet. As stated on her website, Oprah “tasted, tested, sniffed, snuggled, brewed, steeped, read, shared and dared” every item on HER list. I have done the same for the items on MY list. Here’s hoping this helps some of you last minute gift givers that need so help.
Katie’s Fabulous Favorite Things of 2014 List
1. Sorel Boots. I can’t begin to express my current obsession with these boots. I love love love them. They are fun and practical…..and cheaper than Uggs!
2. Orange Ginger Lotion and Body Wash. This is, by far, one of my favorite scents of all time. The best part? Very affordable and now it comes in lots of your favorite Bath and Body Works products. Click here to view all of the products in the line!
3. Anything from Lola and Darla. Ok…I think we know the obvious. I love sparkle. My team is named The Sparkle Squad, for Pete’s sake! This site is naturally up my alley because everything is about sparkle. Bonus: Lots of cute stuff for kids.
4. Beny Design’s Gold Bar Necklace. This is an awesome classic and simple necklace that anyone can rock. Best part? Only $19 and from a little shop on Etsy (my favorite!) You can view purchase options by clicking here.
5. Coffee Tumbler. Everyone knows a coffee addict. If you know me, you know I am one, and you’ve probably seen me cruising around with with this neat mug that screams Katie! Bonus points for that hot pink lid, Bando!
6. Urban Decay Naked Palettes. My favorite eyeshadow. Even though I own all of the Naked palettes,the Naked 2 palette is what I use 90% of the time and is my favorite. If you are into makeup or know someone that is, check out a little happiness for the eyes from Urban Decay.
7. House of Lashes false eyelashes. I wear false eyelashes a lot and am constantly trying new brands out. My favorites come from the glam line at House of Lashes. When you see me rocking really serious ones, those are the Femme Fatales. I am also a big fan of the Starlet lashes. There are some really lovely holiday gift packs right now, and if you sign up on their mailing list you will find out all the great deals!
8. Lush Bath Bombs. I’m not sure what I love more….the way they smell or the names of the different items. Either way, these things are rad. I’m also a huge fan of the soap….My favorites are Snowcake and Honey, I washed the kids! Here’s the site to check out all of the fabulosity!
9. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It’s an incredible book and so inspiring. Every one should buy this for themselves and for people who like to read. And get it soon before the movie hits theaters! You can get it for $9.60 on Amazon so get it now!
10. Any bag by Olivia and Joy! Bonus…..right now all handbags are 40% off! Shut the front door. My favorite is the Tamara satchel because it holds so much stuff (as most of their bags do) and comes in this awesome pink color.
11. Old Navy workout leggings. I live in these pants, and they are on sale for $18 right now! Plus, they have an awesome message running up the leg…..pretty cool, right?
12. USB Flash Drive. I am always losing mine because it is small and just easy to lose. Not this one, though….. look how cool it is….and realistic! And just $8!
13. Leggings. I’ve shared my favorites from this store on Facebook before, but they are just too fun and affordable not to include on this list. Online Legging Store is where I purchase my cool leggings that I always get compliments on. My favorites? The skeleton ones and the muscle ones! Clothing doesn’t have to be boring….and these leggings definitely have personality.
14. Skeleton Egg Shaper. If you have foodies on your list….or grown ups who refuse to grow up…. you absolutely must shop at Perpetual Kid. This has been one of my favorite secret websites for years because they have the most random finds for your home and great stocking stuffers. Pens that smell like pancakes? Bandaids that look like Ninjas? Bacon toothpaste? YES! This little egg shaper is only $3.99 and I love it because, well, I love skulls. I love eggs. And the two got married and had this item.
15. Tea-Rex Infuser. For my tea lovers, this little bad boy is so cute and also a necessary purchase. It’s on sale right now on Kohl’s website….and you know they have great coupons to save you more!
Regardless of where you are at with your shopping, I hope it wasn’t a stressful experience….there are so many neat things out there to fit anyone’s budget…..And remember…..the greatest gift of all is your PRESENCE, not your presents, so spend the holiday with the people you love doing the things you love. That really is the greatest gift of all.
Happy Shopping! Only a few more days until Christmas!