Yes, you read that correctly!
I AM WONDER WOMAN!!!!
Well, not really, but to the fine people of Dollar General I am.
It’s no secret that I have an obsession with Wonder Woman….I mean, who doesn’t??? Lynda Carter was fabulous…beautiful, tough, smart, and witty…all amazing qualities for someone to have. It doesn’t hurt that she can rock out a custom made leotard and knee high boots, either, or that she had big hair. I think we all know how I feel about big hair……..
Anyway, today I was out and about and realized I was out of tissue paper. Since I knew I would be recreating Santa’s workshop and wrapping presents, I needed some more, and I needed it immediately, so I ran to the dollar store to grab some. As I was checking out, the cashier told me that I reminded her of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. Two ladies in line behind me agreed with the cashier, and I left feeling like a total badass. I’m not sure if I was just pleased by the fact that someone thought I looked like Lynda, or that finally someone acknowledged that I look like someone other than Sarah McLachlan. I hear that all the time, and I have been arguing that we look absolutely nothing alike ever since my dear friend Diddle first mentioned it back in high school. (I apologize for saying her name….you are now probably thinking about that sad animal rescue commercial and Sarah singing “Angel” softly in the background.)
While getting compared to Wonder Woman was definitely the Rave of the Week, I realized on my long drive home (Ohio drivers, you should be used to this snow by now….seriously) that I actually have had a pretty awesome week with numerous raves:
1. I’m a freaking tough cookie. Some of you may know that this week I started a journey with an elite group of coaches, which I am extremely excited about being a part of. The first three days of this journey and challenge involved a 3 day cleanse. I entered this phase of the challenge with a great deal of trepidation. I like to eat. I get cranky when I don’t. Most importantly, I work out a lot and burn a lot of calories, so I need the energy. I knew this would not be easy….however, I just finished up Day 2 without any hiccups! Surprisingly I feel amazing, have more energy than I thought, and I feel just really healthy. Don’t get me wrong…I miss food, but if anything this cleanse has done more for me than improving how I feel. I’ve learned I can overcome any temptation and remain disciplined. I even managed to avoid the huge catered Thanksgiving meal at work today. Take that, pumpkin pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. I finally decided on a tattoo!!! I’ve been toying with the notion of a tattoo for several years now, and while I have had many fun and unique ideas for one, I wasn’t 100% sold on any of the ideas. I knew I wanted something with a quote that meant something to me, but what quote??? We all know I love quotes. Last night, I randomly figured it out. One of favorite people ever was Marilyn Monroe for a multitude of reasons (she does rank about Lynda Carter, I must say), and one of my favorite quotes of all time is the one listed below. I can’t tell you how excited I am to get these done….or how nervous.
Thus, my tats were born.
3. Sherlock! I finally got a chance to watch this television show. Everyone had been talking about how awesome it was, and I love Benedict Cumberbatch, so I figured it was time to do so. I am not disappointed, not one bit!!!! Sherlock’s wit and intellect remind me of my beloved Michael Scofield on Prison Break….I love it.
4. Windmill Jacking Jumps. Now that I am back in the game as an active gym member, I now spend my Monday nights at a super intensive Turbokick class with my friend Kelly. We love it so much that we are going to get our certifications in it, but this week I fell in love with a crazy jumping jack move called the windmill. I wish I had a video to show on here, but I don’t. However, I will gladly demonstrate upon request.
5. The Marathon Costume has been conceptualized! The fact that I have committed to running a full marathon has me terrified. I think I have extra luck on my side though, because the marathon falls on May 4th….aka May the 4th Be with you. My inner geek is quite pleased. This week not only did my mother book the hotel, but I came up with the perfect running outfit/costume. I love when my inner creative genius aligns with my running needs. I can’t wait to share it with you!
6. It’s a short work week, and we get to raise money for Andy! I’m pumped that tomorrow night I get to spend time with the Buehl family and my friends as we gather for a fundraiser for Andy. As many of you know, Andy was in a terrible car accident last December and suffered a traumatic brain injury. We are all so proud of the progress he is making and are looking forward to another great event honoring him! Still, please keep him in your prayers….he still has a long road ahead of him, but we all know great things are coming!
7. It’s Thanksgiving!!! Thanksgiving is always a great day for me! This year I am stoked to be running a race on Turkey Day, something I have never done! It’s going to be freezing and probably a blizzard, but I don’t care….my new running headband will keep my warm! I then get to spend a few days with my family and friends, some who I don’t get to see often….I even will get to see my little cousin Taylor’s basketball game! Oh, and then there is Black Friday shopping. If you’ve ever been shopping with me on BF, you know…………. hide your kids, hide your grannies, and watch out for flying elbows. Plus, Thanksgiving means I get to rejoin the eating population, as the cleanse ends tomorrow evening.
8. Finally, my Steelers beat the Browns. It’s always a good day when this happens. People shut up for awhile, and I can continue to laugh at the factory of sadness. This makes me very, very happy…..especially since a lot of people get to pay up on some bets now.
And now I’m off to other projects…..as Wonder Woman, that’s what I do……………..and yes, I really do own that outfit.