The crazy chaos known as my life has seriously limited my ability to blog over the last month. Between moving, social obligations, races, and just work, I’ve barely been able to make time to write and share my ridiculousness on the internet. Lucky for you, that chaos is over. I’m back.
The past week has been busy, no doubt, but very delightful, making it extremely difficult to share a single “rave” as I usually do. I guess in retrospect I’m okay with that…lots of wonderful, fun things means a happy life and a happy Katie. I can’t complain if I have lots of things to share and don’t limit my readers to hearing about only one specific happening.
MY RAVES OF THE WEEK
1. Mama Comes to Visit! My hectic lifestyle has not only prevented me from writing, but it has also limited the time I have been able to spend driving back to my parents for visits. Sure, we have Facetime, Skype, texting, and phone calls, but it isn’t the same. I like going back home to spend time with my family, especially because of the peacefulness it brings me. Luckily for me, my mother decided to make the drive up to see me Sunday. Nothing makes things better than lunch and some gossip with your mother.
2. Panera Bread’s Pumpkin Squash Soup! Much like my beloved PSLs (Pumpkin Spice Lattes for you non Starbuckians), this soup has entered the dangerous category of “Katie’s Addictions.” My mom introduced it to me during her visit Sunday, causing me to go get it three times this week and find the copycat recipe online. Since I purchased some butternut squash this weekend, I will be attempting the recipe this week. If you haven’t tried it, just take my word for it.
3. Move #7854972636258 is over! On Monday I officially turned in the keys to my old apartment, meaning everything was out, and another move was in the record books. This has been one of the easiest moves I’ve had, but it still was a move. I’m just thankful it is over. It was an emotional move for me…I cleaned out a lot of stuff and got rid of items that I had attached certain memories to, which in the past has been difficult for me to do. Maybe I am maturing?
4. Touchdown my Pants! Ever since I entered the flag football arena for the Blondes Vs. Brunettes game back in June, I have been really into flag football, so I was tickled pink when I was asked to play on a team in Cleveland. The best part? Our name is Touchdown my Pants, clearly demonstrating our maturity, and there is no other thing I’d rather be doing on Wednesday nights.
5. I officially got promoted up a level with my Beachbody Business! Yay, self! I know some people are over my posts about Shakeology and working out, but get over it, you haters. If I have to look at pictures of your kids getting potty trained, getting on the bus, or just a picture of their hair flying out of place, you can suck it up and look at my pictures of things promoting a healthy lifestyle. Anyway, I’m so proud of that fact that I am part of such an awesome organization, and I’m super proud of myself that I am moving right on up even with such a chaotic month. Being a coach when I’m already using the programs is easy, and if you want to know more about it, here is a little video from our CEO giving you the 411. If you aren’t, well….keep on posting pictures of your kid’s new scrape/doll/snack.
6. Free Stamp….again! It is no secret that I have a strong love for the Free Stamp in Cleveland! I love it for many reasons….it’s big and obvious, and it is a beautiful work of art. Above all, I love that it was put there to tick people off. Much like myself, the Free Stamp goes against the grain and is controversial, and I like that. Don’t know the story of it? Click this link to read an article of why the Free Stamp is where it is today! Of course, I had to get my picture with it when I was in town this weekend….as I do every time I am in Cleveland. I probably have about a hundred pictures with me and that stamp, but I don’t care. I love it!
7. Rock N Roll Marathon Part Deux in the Books! To say I was nervous about the Rock N Roll Marathon in Cleveland this weekend was an understatement. For those who don’t recall, I had a little adventure during the Rock N Roll Nashville Marathon back in April….an adventure that included 13.1 miles running in a garbage bag in a terrible downpour. All week I frequented my weather app to see the forecast: oh wonderful, rain all morning. Fortunately, the rain stopped this morning just as I exited the car, allowing me to run during perfect conditions. Well, they were perfect until mile nine….when I met the hill from Hell and slipped on some gravel, jacking my ankle up. Oh well. Nothing some sleep, ice, and cursing won’t fix. I was disappointed with my time because of my slip up, and as always, was hard on myself once I crossed the finish. However, I am proud of myself for doing it. Every single time I start getting angry at my performance, I just think of all of the people sitting on their couch, shoving Big Macs down their throats and being too lazy to go for a walk around the block. Yes, I am lapping everyone on the couch.
This may have been a great week, but I know this upcoming one will be just as fabulous! Here’s hoping you all have a great Monday!