I can’t believe the weekend is over already! It sure seems like they fly by entirely way too fast, and quite frankly, I’m sick of it! Fortunately for me, my boss has allowed us to switch to four ten hour days, so this will elongate the weekend somewhat. I’m not sure if I am going to like doing four long days, but it really will be better for me in many ways, so I can deal with it. I do know a few things for certain: I am going to need an IV pumping coffee into my veins and a Pandora station playing wonderful music to keep me bright eyed and bushy tailed.
With school ending Friday night and a new session not starting until Monday, I made sure I took complete advantage of the weekend. It’s been a stressful couple of weeks for me….a weekend full of limited activity was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries.
Limited activity also means that I think a lot.
Katie’s Weekend Thoughts
1. What to give up for Lent. For the past four years, I have given up anything with a drive thru for Lent, including Sbarro, Chipotle, the Food Court at the Mall, and any coffee place. My decision to do this was twofold: It is obviously healthier, plus it saves me a ton of money. The downfall: for four years I have been without my lover, The Shamrock Shake. This year I knew I couldn’t give these places up. Why? When I started the whole holistic approach to my health and did a complete overhaul on my eating habits, I gave all of that garbage up. The other day I tried to fall off the wagon and eat Wendy’s, but it was so disgusting that I wanted nothing more to do with it. So what this year? I’ve made a big decision, and I know it is going to be really, really difficult. Alcohol, you’re out. That’s right…I am giving up alcohol until Easter. This will prove to be very difficult…I love my wine, my buddy:White Russian, and my Blonde Bombshells, but I am confident I will make it without the gang for awhile. It was either alcohol or Pinterest, and I just can’t give that up. Easter will be fun this year…get the vodka slushies ready!
2. Puppies make everything better. Before I went to complete the most hated activity known to man (or just me…grocery shopping), I went over to the Bowers’ residence to meet Gunner, their new puppy. I don’t know what it is with puppies…they instantly make everything better. Gunner did not disappoint…..he was fun and extremely cute. I wish a puppy could show up every time I get a little cranky or sad.
3. Smartcars are stupid. I don’t even need to go in detail about this. All I know is that they anger me, and I want to punt every last one of them into the stratosphere.
4. Is it summer yet? Whit and I took advantage of the nice (February in Ohio nice) weather and put in a good training session in preparation for Nashville. Running outside is the best, and it made me really anxious for spring…I need to run every day outside!!!! In an attempt to trick my mind that it was summer, I bought a new candle, Lime Mojito, and fired that bad boy up. While it smells delightful, I am sad to report that it is still winter….at least for a little bit longer.
5. Beyonce, you are annoying. My mother will attest to the fact that I have always been annoyed with Beyonce. I feel like she is a talentless asshat. I hate when people lip sync, when all they talk about are “strong, beautiful, black women”, ride on the coat tails of other people, and find gyration to be more important than an actual performance. Beyonce, you suck. Please stop ruining important events, like the Super Bowl Halftime show. People who select the Halftime show musical acts, please pull your heads out of your rectums and start selecting quality performers who your viewing audience likes…you’ve been slacking the past couple of years. We’ve noticed.
6. It’s really important to name your business something awesome. It took me a long time to come up with a name for my business that I thought was fitting, creative, and catchy. I’m hoping that once I reveal it, it does exactly what I want it to. During a visit to one of our externship sites this week, I noticed a business with an interesting name. I wonder how his business is going…..
7. Sleep, why don’t you love me? Every day during the week, I hit snooze multiple times, drag myself out of bed, admire how Chinese I look and try to get on with my day. When the weekend hits, I want to sleep in. So why did I wake up at 8:02 this morning? I tried to go back to sleep, but I was wide awake. What nonsense!
8. I love my cousins. My cousins are the super cool friends that I didn’t have to choose. I don’t get to spend nearly enough time with them, but I am looking forward to some plans in our future. This week I decided I would join my cousins Kaley and Megan (and Aunt Sheila as well as my mother…i hope) on a trip to NYC in March. Ahhh….I love that city, and I know it misses me. In June, I will be doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run in Detroit with two of my other cousins, Laura and Jen. Our team name is “Tutu Legit To Quit”, and I absolutely cannot wait to get mud in every single crevice of my body while rocking a tutu. Fortunately, this run does not interfere with Lent, because I am pretty sure that copious amounts of wine will be consumed.
9. I concur, the brown M & M needs backhanded. My friend, Mullane, suggested this a few weeks back, and I scolded him for being harsh. I mean, she was just trying to hook a pal up. After careful consideration and watching many commercials over the weekend, I agree with him. The brown M & M is a bitch.
10. Hair decisions are big decisions. I can’t decide if I want to cut my hair shorter or let it grow long again. I need to figure this out, because I’m going back to see my favorite hairstylist ever a week from Tuesday. Decisions, decisions. Suggestions are welcome.
Remember, tomorrow starts National Random Acts of Kindness Week! Whether it be something small, like smiling at a stranger, or something a little larger, please do something nice! You’ll feel great, I promise! I found this quote on One of My Favorite Sites , love it, and just had to share. Have a great Monday, everyone!